Honey is the nectarous and saccharine exudations of plants (Honey Flora) gathered, modified and stored by the honey bee. Honey sold can be either of a single source or of a blend of floral honeys to give a required colour and flavour. The honey shall be clean, practically free from foreign matter including wax, comb and bee parts. The pure honey should be free of additives, noxious substances , fermentation and admixtures of any kind including sucrose and invert sugars.
Green Food is able to guarantee that its premium honey products are 100% pure and natural. Green Food Organic Honey contains: No Additives, No Preservatives, No Added Sugars, Syrups or Extenders, No Artificial Flavourings and No Artificial Colourings. We guarantee our honey 100% pure.
The following information should help you understand about crystallisation of honey:
Over time, many types of honey will granulate, or crystallise. This is a natural process that can occur. The honey looks cloudy, and results in a separation with a liquid part on the top and a more solid, crystallised part on the bottom. Depending upon the original nectar source, this granulation or crystallization rate might differ from honey type to honey type, but it's a normal occurrence, and not harmful in the least. This natural phenomenon happens when glucose (one of 3 main sugars in honey) spontaneously precipitates out of the supersaturated honey solution. The glucose loses water and takes the form of a crystal. The crystals form a lattice, which immobilises other components of honey in a suspension thus creating the semi-solid state. Many factors effect the crystallisation of honey – some batches never crystallise while other occur in a few days. Crystallisation can be stimulated by any small particles – dust, pollens, bits of very fine beeswax, propolis and air bubbles – that are present naturally in honey. These factors are also related to the type of honey and are influenced by how the honey is handled and processed. Additionally the composition of the various sugars in percentage terms changes in differing honey floral sources and that also effects the rate of Crystallisation.
Granulated (or crystallised) honey is just as safe to eat as non-granulated honey, but it can be easily restored to its natural state. Just warm up the container with the granulated honey in hot water. The crystals will melt and the honey will re-liquefy easily, although each time it's re-heated, the honey will granulate slightly quicker than before.
The Western Australian apiculture industry is recognized for its high quality honey, and beeswax products.
- The Western Australian beekeeping industry has access to the State's famous pristine forests and coastal wildflowers, which are essential for honey production and sustainability of the industry. These areas are free from chemical contamination, which ensures that Western Australia has some unique floral resources resulting in the ability to produce honeys that are not found elsewhere in the World.
- Apiculture industry in Western Australia is committed to quality assurance and ensuring that products are clean, safe and free from chemical contamination. This commitment offers the apiculture industry a distinct trade advantage in exporting honey, beeswax, bee pollen, package bees, nucleus beehives and queen bees.
- Several initiatives have been introduced to maintain quality standards and to ensure the State's bees remain free of bee diseases. A surveillance and monitoring system has been established with funding assistance from the bee industry - Beekeepers Producers' Committee (APC).
- A national surveillance program is used at ports to monitor ships and cargo for exotic bees. A state surveillance program is used for inspection and monitoring of apiaries. Early detection of potential threats allows Western Australia to maintain its productivity and quality assurance. The disease free status provides an advantage for the export of hive products, package bees and queen bees.
WHY BUY GREEN FOOD ORGANIC HONEY ?
The question in most people's minds when buying a different product is "What makes this product better than the one I already know?" Honey is no different.
Adulteration of honey is now common in many honey-producing countries, particularly those of Asia and South America; however, Green Food Organic Honey is able to guarantee that its premium honey products are 100% pure and natural.
Green Food Organic Honey contains:
• No Additives
• No Preservatives
• No Added Sugars, Syrups or Extenders
• No Artificial Flavourings
• No Artificial Colourings
Unlike many commercial honeys sold and packed under well-known international brand names, Green Food Organic Honey does not contain honey produced in any other country. This is why Green Food Organic Honey is in demand. Such is the commitment to quality that its sources has become Quality Accredited under the International Standard of SQF 2000cm (compatible with ISO 9002), Organic Honey Packing Certified, HALAL Certified and Kosher. Additionally our supplier has been accrediting each beekeeper supplier under the B-Qual certification system.
Around the world the apicultural industry suffers many diseases of the bees and hive. To control such diseases such as Varroa, European Foulbrood, Chalkbrood and Noseama, beekeepers feed and treat the bees with drugs and chemicals. Western Australia is unique in that it does not have these beehive diseases. This unique advantage results in a pesticide, drug and chemical free honey. Strict quarantine controls prevent honey or apiary products from entering Western Australia enabling us to protect our local industry from these diseases and keep the honey pure and natural.
Strategically Green Food Organic Honey has other advantages. These include:
- A Low Moisture Content - This is achieved by allowing the honey to fully ripen in the hive. The result is a dense honey having a moisture level of 17-18.5% (compared to other developing countries where 19.5-22% is common). The low moisture content prevents fermentation of the honey due to the wild yeasts interacting on the natural sugars. Additionally, high moisture honeys could indicate that it has been adulterated by the addition of water to the honey. Our supplier strictly monitors all honey moisture levels to ensure your product is the best that nature can provide.
- Rich Dark Colour - For a long time the world market believed that only light coloured honey was best. Now research is showing that darker honeys contain a greater degree of minerals and trace elements essential for modern man and health. These darker honeys are prized among true honey eaters and the health food industry throughout the world. Green Food Organic Honey is naturally rich in colour due to the soil, vegetation varieties and natural elements thereby giving the consumer these unique health benefits.
- No Heat Damage During Processing or Packing - The application of heat to honey is to speed up the processing ability of honey. Internationally the test used to measure heat and age of honey is a HMF Test (Hydroxymethylfurfual). The world market is generally set to accept a level of 40mg/Kg. Green Food Organic Honey consistently records a level well below this level - around half the international standard. This reflects in part, the care and attention given to our honey to give the consumer a product "just as nature produces it."
- Organic Status - Green Food Organic Honey is wild harvested meeting International Organic Standards. Green Food Organic Honey is certified for Organic packing.
- Microbiological Status - Due to the strict health standards of Australian law and the Company itself, our supplier markets honey that is low in microbiological organisms. This low microbiological factor found in Green Food Organic Honey is critical to consumers and results in the natural anti-microbial properties remaining at a maximum level.
When considering honey as a product, Green Food Organic Honey stands ahead of most products available. This is why Green Food Organic Honey is able to guarantee that its premium honey products are 100% pure and natural.